Enrollment » Admission/Enrollment


Admission to Parkview School will be open to any family who is committed to the school’s operational and instructional philosophy. Prospective students and their parents will be briefed regarding the school’s instructional
and operational philosophy prior to the enrollment with the school. A family who would benefit from an independent study program may have students who:
  • Are gifted in a particular field and wish to have more time to practice an outstanding skill (an artist, athlete, actor or entertainer etc.)
  • Have chronic health problems
  • Have been evaluated and need different instructional strategies.
  • May thrive in a non-traditional school setting
  • Students should be at or near grade level and have strong study skills.
Why enroll in Parkview School?
Parkview has a long tradition in the community of successfully supporting homeschool efforts to those new and experienced in this incredible learning journey. Parkview School is a program designed for students who desire an alternative to traditional classroom instruction.
Do you accept out-of-district families?
Yes, we do. You must first obtain an inter-district transfer from the school district where you live and submit it to the Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District.
What if my student has an IEP or 504? 
Students with active IEPs must be placed at Parkview via the IEP team. The team must discuss and determine that home school is an appropriate setting for the student. Likewise, students on 504 should discuss their needs with their School Counselor and 504 team to ensure that Parkview would be an appropriate setting. 
Can all students participate in independent study?
Districts and county offices of education are not required to provide independent study, so this alternative instructional strategy is not always available in a local school. EC Section 51745(a)
EC Section 48206.3 gives a student who is temporarily disabled the right to home and hospital instruction. EC Section 51745(d) states that no temporarily disabled student may receive individual instruction pursuant to EC 48206.3 through independent study. However, a temporarily disabled student and his/her parents/guardians may choose the option of independent study if it is available and decline their right to home and hospital instruction.
Students in independent study need to have the ability to work independently and schools typically assess an applicant's likelihood of success in independent study. A school may determine that independent study is not an appropriate educational option if a student is not at or near grade level, or is far behind in credits. 5 CCR 11700(d)(1)(B)
How do I get started?
Please complete the Perspective Student Form to let us know you are interested and/or call the school office at 714-986-7050. An appointment will be scheduled with the school principal and can be conducted by phone, videoconference, or in-person. During this appointment, education options, curriculum offerings and nonacademic supports will be discussed. Tours are also available for in person appointments. After you've had your appointment with the principal, the school secretary will assist you in registering your student.